It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Ludicrous install proceedure 

Post Ludicrous install proceedure
In 19 years of simming, I have never encountered such a ridiculous install, or rather inability to install.

On my system P3D is installed on a dedicated SSD, F:\
and My Documents, Downloads and Pictures are on my E:\
Not on C:\!

You must be kidding with this install for LFMT-Monpelier in P3dv4.5 Defaults to C:\Program Files? Doesn't look up the location in the Registry? Unable to change?

I have over 50 addon airports, some .xml some not. All install and work, except for LFMT-Montpelier

Seriously?

Clayton

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Post Re: Ludicrous install proceedure
Dear Clayton
Sorry for late answer ,all the small team are exceptionally on holydays at the same time.

We are small team , me doing everthing related to the scenery and the support and communication as well as company administration and Noah a very great developer who work as a partener on the server and software part and english translations+ 3 beta testers.

We make sceneries since only one year and we always do our best to improve our products.
The installation in C:/ from now warranty our products security and the working of our Update products central as well and the xml warranty no bug in P3D !

We have made this choice because this is the only way to us from now to have a secured online updater whitch is a very must have.

If a can remember FSDT have the same in the past as well as ORBX who just update this function this year if i am not wrong.

So we take your suggestion in account and be sure that if we can do it we will !

What you can do from now is open a support ticket so we can help you to do it.

I will add the procedure to install on another drive as soon as possible on the user manual.

Regards

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Ah, yes. Forgot August in Franceā€¦ there is no one in France :P
Thanks for your reply but no...FSDT products install anywhere you like. Mine on E: AUX P3D\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\. That is the point of the .xml system.

CT

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
Hello,
Yes you are right :D I am here now :)
To resume we are not the first ones to have this needed to lock on a drive to make work an online updater.
We will be happy to improve this point if it can be. In waiting use method B.
Just do how i have suggested and open a ticket if needed.
Best regards

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail